Saturday, March 23, 2013

Dry Shampoo (Spray type, Tresemme)

Dry shampoo used to be a little hard to find, but recently it's become more common and popular!

 It can be bad to shampoo your hair every day depending on your hair type.  Not washing every day may also help your hair grow & keep your scalp healthy by not stripping it of its good natural oils too often.  Personally I found that if I wash every other day, my hair's a lot softer and shinier (I have slightly coarse, curly hair & it's not very thick) - but I also get greasy pretty quickly. :c

I picked up Tresemme's dry spray shampoo about a month ago to test it out. 
Dry shampoo soaks up any extra greasiness weighing down your hair, & helps volumize hair and refresh the scalp in a pinch.  They come in both spray and powder forms - I tried the spray out because it's less messy and more portable than a powder.  You just hold the can FAR away from your head and spray very sparingly at your roots, then comb through your hair.  (As opposed to powder where you have to either sprinkle your roots or sprinkle a brush/comb, then run that through your hair).   

I heard that it's best to use only a little bit with dry-poo sprays, and it wasn't a joke - overspraying just caused my hair to get clumpy and stick together.  Also if you have dark hair like me and spray too concentrated in one spot, you'll look like you have grey patches.  I also would use this at most up to 2 days since the last shampoo - 3 days onward and it doesn't seem like it would help much in terms of deodorizing or de-greasing, since the effect is pretty mild.  

But besides that, it's really nice - it has a very light, fresh scent, nothing overpowering/unbearable, & it's not residue forming or hard to wash out.  
I generally use it in the morning if I don't have bedhead and I'm in a hurry before class.  
I've also brought it in my bag on long days/days with high humidity, it really helps calm down my hair if it gets greasy or flat (not sure if anti-humidity is a use for dry-shampoo, but it seems to work).   

There are various brands of dry shampoo out there, spray and powder.  You can get Tresemme pretty cheaply at Target & Walmart.  A similar product is Dove's DS spray, which I've also heard good things about.  Target also sells some of the more high-end brands, like  Bumble & Bumble and Fekkai.  




No comments:

Post a Comment