Saturday, March 23, 2013

TYPO by Cotton On (Fashion Valley)

So this is a review for Typo by Cotton On, in Fashion Valley Mall.
(first long post in a while, yay!)

*inside of the store from the back*


Typo's a lot like what would happen if you took a bunch of tags from tumblr and made them into a store.  
I felt like I'd fallen into the hipster tag.  It's mostly stationary and cute kitschy/gift things, as well as some nice DIY and scrapbooking items.  A lot of the merchandise there can appeal to both guys and girls.

*Typo's Woodland Collection.*  
(There's some really nice-looking vintage notebooks - they look like actual books, 
& have really highquality binding and stamped "titles".  I wanted to buy the black owl 
one, but it was lined inside & I like plain-pages.)

The store's attached to the main Cotton On shop, but it  
looks like a separate store because it has its own shopfront.  

*pencil/makeup pouches in pretty much any design or color you would like*

*Pens, shaped paperclips, different stamps, staplers, rulers... lots of well designed and cute 
stationary items - I think I might actually go here instead of the Asian market to get school 
supplies, because a lot of these cost the same/less and are better quality.*

*Notebooks and more pouches.  I'm fond of the "let's blog some shit" pouch.*

They also have little "themed" sections like this one:
based around different "personal style" types or color themes.  They even have a French-themed
section, and a comic-book/newspaper themed section.  All the "personal style" sections
had school supplies and room decoration items, too - really nice if you're looking around for
inspiration to redecorate your room a little~!

I didn't know this place existed (I think I might just be behind on the SD scene, though).    
Anyway, I really like it and I hope I get to go soon.  
Check it out if you're in SD or planning a trip to Fashion Valley, 
or just getting ready for the next quarter/semester!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment