Friday, March 29, 2013

Pikachu 3DS XL! ♥

 I got my Pikachu 3DS XL this past Tuesday, 2 days after it was released!  
It's supposed to be for my graduation present c: but I'm taking
pictures and posting about it now because I really wanted to take a look at it.

This is a really big deal for me because I don't usually go in for updating my game console
every time a new one comes out (usually the new one plays the previous console's games anyway),
& when we do buy a console it's been the larger ones for multiplayer games (aka PS3).
I'm so glad I decided not to get a 3DS back when they came out - originally I didn't like the 3D aspect because it made mea bit dizzy, so I'll probably play with the 3D setting off/super low.  The big thing on this
imo is the really nice large screen, and the longer battery life.  My sister got the Legend of Zelda special 3DS back in 2011 for Christmas.  As pretty as that edition was, I was a Pokemon kid so I'm biased toward this one!
  
(With school starting on Monday I'm not really going to be able to play much anyway, 
so it's not so hard to wait until June to open in - I wouldn'tve played until summer vacay!)
I was worried they were going to sell out of it everywhere since I waited so long,
and I saw the kerfuffle on Tumblr... but luckily a store in El Cajon had ONE more left 
and the lady there put it on hold for me. (  .u.) b


Here's everything that came in the box: charger cord, instruction manuals, & AR cards.


Here he is!  I did sort of see how people were saying the camera lenses looked like nipples..
but it's not (too) obvious!  It's a nice size - my sister has a standard 3DS and it's way bigger
in comparison (more than I was expecting).  It's also really smooth - it's fun to pet hold it c: I guess
it goes with the XL being designed for kids, or so I've heard?
(I'm getting a clear shell to help prevent scratches .x. )


& here's the case I got with it - Princess Peach c:
(they were out of Mario, but I would've liked either Mario or Peach)


so now my 3DS won't get scratched, hopefully (I'm
the kind of person who always has that happen to me, so
I've learned my lesson the hard way ^^; )



It has a bunch of pockets for games, and a really cute pattern 
on the inside too.  Plus it came with two styluses 
(the flower is my favorite ;u; ).


And a bunch of illustrated AR cards to access games 
(I like the Kirby one myself,  but I have a feeling my sis 
would like the Link card c: )


I don't have any 3DS games - all of mine are regular DS games.  But I'm excited now
for the Pokemon XY coming out c: (now that I can actually play it).  
& I want to play TWEWY on the larger screen, yay!  Also I want to try out
the 3D camera, I wonder if you can view the photos in 3D on a laptop or such?

Also on the subject of games: expect a few game reviews coming up - 
I've been playing Bayonetta and Resident Evil 6 over spring break.  

( ps. Bayonetta's AMAZING. ♥ )

No comments:

Post a Comment